John is a professional arbitrator, adjudicator and mediator based in Auckland, New Zealand. He has been appointed in more than 1,200 building, construction and infrastructure disputes over the past 26 years relating to residential, commercial and industrial construction projects, power stations, gas fields, manufacturing and processing plants, stadiums, hotels, land subdivisions, roading, railways, wharves, marinas, drainage, water and wastewater treatment plants, recycling plants, mining, services, and utilities, involving domestic and internationally based parties, complex technical and legal matters, and sums in dispute exceeding $100M.
- Chapter Review: Compulsory Consolidation in Arbitral Proceedings: An Infringement on Party Autonomy?
- Gas dispute to be aired in arbitration
- Where do directors’ duties lie once insolvency looms?
- Is a party required to accept non-contractual performance during a force majeure event?
- Separability and arbitral tribunals being ‘open business’??